Sizes to be cut are introduced in Parts table.
- Index/Use it - Specifies if the part is used or not in the optimization process.
- Length - specifies the length of the piece to be cut.
- Width - specifies the width of the pieces to be cut. If you perform 1D optimization enter only one value (either Length or Width). The other value should be left empty or set to 0.
- Quantity - specifies the number of pieces of the same type.
- Rotation - specifies if a part can be rotated or not. If you do NOT want to rotate a piece it will be cut in the given position (length of the piece in the PARTS along to the length of the piece in the STOCK). Otherwise it will be rotated or not in order to minimize the waste. Take care to the fiber direction if you work with wood.
- Fiber / grain direction - direction of fiber. Fiber column will not appear in the same time with Rotation column.
- Edge banding - specify the name of edge band for each edge. Set the edge bands from menu Materials | Edge bands.
- Polishing / Grinding - these numerical values will be subtracted from each part size on each edge.
- Material - specifies the type of material.
- Label - is a string of characters used for labelling the pieces. It can be empty.
- Customer - The name of the customer for which the parts are cut. It can be empty.
- Add button - Appends a new row in table.
- Delete button - Deletes the currently selected row.
- Open button - Loads a file from disk. Default format is xml.
- Excel button - Imports / Exports data from / to Excel files. You must have Microsoft Office installed in order to perform these operations.
- Save button - Saves data to disk (xml format).
- Clear button - Clears the table.
- Print button - Prints the table.
- Label button - Prints adhesive labels.
- Extra - Extra components (such as screws, latches, nails, etc) attached to Parts.
Hiding / showing columns
Check the boxes Index, Grain, Edge band, Grinding, Customer to hide or show the corresponding columns.
Extra operations on Parts table
- For sorting click the header of any column.
- For pasting from Excel right click on a cell and choose Paste.
Back to help index
Cutting Optimization pro webpage
Optimal Programs main website