Stock of material is introduced in the Stock table.
- Index/Use it - Specifies if the part is used or not in the optimization process.
- Length - specifies the length of the stock.
- Width - specifies the width of the pieces to cut from. If you perform 1D optimization enter only one value (either Length or Width). The other value should be left empty or set to 0.
- Quantity - specifies the number of pieces of the same type.
- Material - specifies the type of material.
- Fiber / grain direction - direction of fiber. Useful if you cut wood.
- Price - specifies the price of the bar. Price is either per bar or per unit. You can change this option from menu Settings
- Label - is a string of characters used for labelling the pieces. It can be empty.
- Priority - specifies the priority for cutting this stock. 0 is the highest priority.
- Add button - Appends a new row in table.
- Delete button - Deletes the currently selected row.
- Clear button - Clears the table.
- Print button - Prints the table.
- Label button - Prints adhesive labels.
Hiding / showing columns
Check the boxes Index/Use it, Grain, Trim, Priority, to hide or show the corresponding columns.
Extra operations on Stock table
- For sorting click the header of any column.
- For pasting from Excel right click on a cell and choose Paste.
Back to help index
Cutting Optimization pro webpage
Optimal Programs main website